“Public” information will include that information such as your demographic information such as gender, name, age, birth date, purchase history information, browsing history information, zip code, and geographical location or any other information deemed necessary by Covercraft.
“Private” information is information that can personally identify you such as your full name, email address, or credit card number.
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
While data from the member sites is maintained in a common database, only the Public or Automatic information will be shared. Private information such as your full name, email address or credit card number is never shared without your explicit consent except as set forth herein.
To operate the Website, including processing your transactions and supporting your activities on the Website, we may share your personal information with our agents, representatives, contractors and service providers so they can provide us with support services such as authorization of credit card transactions, email origination, receipt or support services, customer relationship management services, order fulfillment and sweepstakes and promotional fulfillment. By purchasing, or registering or making reservations for, products or services offered or sponsored by third parties on the Website, or electing to receive communications (such as emails or magazine subscriptions) or electing to participate in contests, sweepstakes or other programs (such as discount or rewards programs), offered or sponsored by third parties on the Website, you consent to our providing your personal information to those third parties. Those third parties may use your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. You will need to contact those third parties to instruct them directly regarding your preferences for the use of your personal information by them. Additionally, you agree that we may use and disclose all such information so submitted to such third parties in the same manner in which we are entitled to use and disclose any other information you submit to us.
We may also use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Website, or use certain other site features in the following ways.
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
- “Automatic” information is information that we collect that is not personally identifiable such as your IP address, site usage and purchase behavior, browser type, browser activity, and browser settings. We use your IP and/or Mac address to avoid fraudulent registrations, and monitor site usage demographics and dynamics. Information that we may obtain regarding your browser and browser settings may be used to ensure that our site’s technical features are available to you.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use "cookies"?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Firefox or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Covercraft and its advertisers may use single-pixel gifs (also known as web bugs, web beacons, or tracking pixels) on the Website. The purpose of these single-pixel gifs is to verify and count web page accesses and gather some statistical information. These single-pixel gifs gather usage and demographic information, but do not gather any personal information.
To enhance your experience, we may send out message notifications, newsletters and site announcements, and from time to time third party offers from companies that we feel may have something that will benefit you. Our Website provides you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving different types of communications (except system communications, or communications required for account maintenance), and each e-mail that we send out has a method for opting-out located at the bottom of the message.
Opt-Out and CAN-SPAM Act
At any time, you may choose not to receive promotional e-mails from Covercraft by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in the applicable e-mail. Note that unsubscribing from one e-mail list does not automatically unsubscribe you from any other e-mail list that you may be on. Please read the e-mail carefully to find out which list you are unsubscribing from. To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Children Under Eighteen
Covercraft does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of eighteen. If you are under the age of eighteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue. Our postal address is 100 Enterprise Blvd., Pauls Valley, OK 73075. We can be reached via e-mail at sales@Covercraft.com or you can reach us by telephone at 800-426-8377.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.